Tuesday, February 19, 2013

She Turned Her Can'ts into Cans and Her Dreams into Plans

I don't usually update so soon, but I just finished preparing for the first day of exams at FPS.

Gosh darnit this is going to be something else. Class today was spent doing nothing but planning for the next three days. We received our list of products that we must make (the chocolate hazelnut mousse cake, a pithivier, gum paste flowers, and a buttercream decorated cake (chocolate biscuit this time)). I've probably forgotten one BUT I have it all written down and I'm about to pack it all in my back pack. No way am I leaving without that tomorrow.

I guess I needed to write to get the nerves out of my system. A glass of wine only does so much, haha.

To help ease my nerves I got on Pinterest and checked out the quotes section. I love quotes, silly, inspirational, tongue-in-cheek, thoughtful, any kind really. Except overly religious, I don't mind them so much as I feel that religions isn't something I need to be shouting at the world. It's personal.

Anyways.

It took a while, lots of lovey dovey quotes right now for some reason, but I found two or three that really hit home. The title of this post is one, I loved the graphics for it as well:


A nice refresher about why I'm here, I'm turning those thoughts of "I can't do anything right" into "I sure can bake" and my dreams of doing something worthwhile that I don't find boring that will make me money (eventually) into my plans of finishing FPS and hopefully getting a job that pays (as a cake decorator or food stylist or food photographer, who knows, I'm not sure yet).

And it's all well and good to be thinking about what I can get out of this, but it doesn't help when I start to think about what I must finish over the next three days. That's when this quote popped up:


If I don't accept these challenges that FPS has placed in front of me, how I can change into a more accomplished individual?

Which lead me to this quote:



I know I want this more than anything. So, I'm going to rise to the challenge, take on this three day exam, come out with my head held high (no matter what), and know that in the end, it is worth it.

It's all worth it.



No comments:

Post a Comment